Please be aware, the Legendarium Media Community Forum is in BETA and things will change regularly. Your input is vital!
Suggestions and Support

Are You A Gamer Yes Or No

When I first came to this community I was drawn to it because of LOTRO, I had over 1550 hours of game time and I was happy to find a place that shared both my love for gaming as well as Lord of the Rings and Tolkien. So I was wondering this question and decided to pose it to the Forum. What better way than to post a POLL! Please answer the question posed by the title and if you answer yes then continue with the poll. Thanks for indulging me and HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Herweirdness
Are You A Gamer
  1. What kind of gamer are you?6 votes
    1. Casual
      16.67%
    2. Weekend Warrior
        0.00%
    3. Avid
      66.67%
    4. Hardcore
      16.67%
    5. Frothing at the mouth for the next new game
        0.00%
  2. What type of games do you prefer?6 votes
    1. RPG
      33.33%
    2. FPS
        0.00%
    3. RPGFPS
        0.00%
    4. Puzzle
        0.00%
    5. MMORPG/FPS
      50.00%
    6. Old School Atari etc
        0.00%
    7. I don't care lets play!
      16.67%
  3. When do you play?6 votes
    1. Weekends
        0.00%
    2. Mornings
        0.00%
    3. Evenings
      50.00%
    4. When ever I can
      50.00%
    5. I only stop for bodily functions
        0.00%
  4. How many hours would you say you play a week?6 votes
    1. 1-4
        0.00%
    2. 5-10
      16.67%
    3. 10-20
      66.67%
    4. 20-50
        0.00%
    5. What's an hour?
      16.67%
  5. Are you married?6 votes
    1. Yes
      50.00%
    2. No
      50.00%
    3. Which time?
        0.00%
  6. How many years have you been gaming?6 votes
    1. 5
      16.67%
    2. 10
      33.33%
    3. 20
      33.33%
    4. I remember the Commodore and Pong
      16.67%
  7. What's your device of choice6 votes
    1. PC
      100.00%
    2. Console
        0.00%
    3. Board Games
        0.00%
    4. All of the above
        0.00%
    5. What?
        0.00%
  8. Last but not least. Are you happy?6 votes
    1. Yes
      83.33%
    2. No
        0.00%
    3. It's all good!
      16.67%

Comments

• Yes, I'm a gamer! My main game at the moment is LOTRO (I've been playing it since second beta, became a Founder and bought a lifetime sub), but I also have played, extremely casually, Myst Online:Uru Live, Star Trek Online, and StarWars: Old Republic. Current PC game is Sims3.

I'm old enough to remember Pong, Space Invaders and Asteroid arcade games, but wasn't interested in playing them. It wasn't until my son was given a Nintendo in 1987 that I discovered video games ;) Later when we got a family PC in the early '90s I was enthralled by King's Quest, Myst, and similar games. I resisted MMOs because they required a monthly subscription fee which I just could not afford.... until I heard about "Middle-earth Online" being developed. I gave in when I found out they were looking for more beta testers (after the working name was changed to Lord of the Rings Online). I fell in love with the whole idea of being able to live in Middle-earth, so I used some Christmas/birthday money to purchase a lifetime sub so I would never have to worry about being able to afford an ongoing fee. It was worth every penny of that $200!! :D
  • Oh, and my number of hours playing LOTRO since launch? 6,296:02:28
    JohnGee
  • I've never been into any games other than PC rpgs. Like Tinidril, I avoided MMOs as long as I could for the same reason stated. I finally couldn't resist the EQ boxes in walmart any longer and relented. Played that for 2 years. Then I beta tested lotro. Two lifetime founder accounts. I played hardcore for 4 solid years before I felt like I could do other things and not miss it too terribly. I haven't played in over a month because of overtime and holidays, but I'm about to remedy that! At my age, lotro and gaming has come into my life at the most opportune time. Kids gone and no significant other = no guilt for my 14 hour game sessions :D
  • Man, it's tough for me to answer this without it being a novel.

I've been a gamer all my life. From Nintendo consoles as a youngster to my transition as a PC Gamer as I grew, it's always been a big part of my life.

I used to play Quake 2 competitively back in the early days of online matchmaking, although I don't really play any FPS games any longer. But my favorite game of all time and by FAR my biggest timesink was the original EverQuest, the best MMORPG ever made. Don't get me wrong, LotRO is a great game and I've played it for many hundreds of hours, but EverQuest will never be eclipsed (Don't even get me started about WoW... ugh)

I could go on and on about EQ, but I'll save that for another day.

Nowadays, being a husband and a father, my gaming time is dramatically decreased. But I still enjoy my late night gaming sessions. In recent years story driven games have been more my cup of tea. The Mass Effect Series, Dragon Age, Anything by Telltale. I find these most compelling now. But I do still add to my ever-growing Steam library on a regular basis ;)
    JohnGee
    Co-Founder of Legendarium Media - Serves as Director of Audio Programming and Community Engagement image
  • I personally prefer RPGs over FPSs and I do a little bit of MMORPGs. Though I prefer PC most games I play are usually best for PCs.

I think I started to really play games when I received Morrowind for the Xbox when I was 13. I played the other Elder Scroll games but I felt they were rather lacking and Morrowind has always remained my favorite. As of recently I've been playing Dragons Dogma, which is probably the most fun I've had since I got Morrowind. If I'm playing an MMO its either LOTRO or Warthunder, otherwise there aren't many MMOs that I play.
  • Wow Beror Morrowind at 13! Impressive.
  • I purchased "The Elder Scrolls Anthology" yesterday, Saeredhil is returning to Vvardenfell tonight!
    TylerHerweirdnessJohnGee
  • I'm a platform gamer, mostly. My favorite games include Donkey Kong Country, Super Mario Galaxy and Super Smash Bros. I also enjoy Mario Kart. I own every Nintendo console going back to the SNES. My brother had the NES.
    Muppet of a Man, and Ghostbuster
  • edited April 2015
    I'm definitely a gamer, i play pve Warcraft for the most part but every so often I switch to other games just to check them out. I'm looking forward to the Witcher 3 right now but totally content to level my alts in Warcraft until then. I am one year short of getting my 10 year gift from Blizzard. My favorite platform is PC. Consoles are okay but I haven't had an "I NEED THAT" feeling with them. To me consoles feel gimmicky and short lived. If I compare it to having a relationship, my longest has been with Blizzard's Warcraft LOL! Love it! :)
    JohnGee