Please be aware, the Legendarium Media Community Forum is in BETA and things will change regularly. Your input is vital!
Suggestions and Support

What did you think of 'Tomorrowland?'

I will be totally honest. About 2 years ago, I heard about Tomorrowland for the first time. At the time it was in development, and Disney was being very sneaky about what the project was actually going to be about.

I had thoughts that it would be a film based around or set in a realization of Walt Disney's designs for the Experimental Prototype Community of Tomorrow, otherwise known as E.P.C.O.T. When the first trailers arrived, I was a bit confused because there was some footage that was clearly not set in that world. This meant that there would be parts of the movie that were not set in Tomorrowland. And that was probably our first clue as to what the movie would be about.

I was also reminded of "Meet the Robinsons," which did a better job than Tomorrowland at being that optimistic view of what the future could be, and simply being a very optimistic and inspirational message.

I had all of these visions of what I thought Tomorrowland would be like. And then it wasn't. That's not to say that it was a bad movie, because it's not. I also think it tells a fine story, and apart from my own visions, I think they did a good job. The acting was superb all around.

But the movie was not great either. It was mostly just very okay.

What did you think?
Muppet of a Man, and Ghostbuster
Tagged:

Comments

• Paul said:

I was also reminded of "Meet the Robinsons," which did a better job than Tomorrowland at being that optimistic view of what the future could be, and simply being a very optimistic and inspirational message.

What did you think?

I really, really wanted for 'Tomorrowland' to be a better movie than it was. Like Paul said, I was anticipating this movie from the time I first heard about it nearly two years ago. As a long time Disney fan, as well as a fan of Brad Bird's films, I was really looking forward to this movie. It felt like it had the potential to be a great movie, but it just fell short. The visuals were fantastic, and I do I have to say this was one of the most gorgeous Sci-Fi movies I've ever seen. I certainly would encourage anyone who is interested in this film to go see it. It was certainly worth the price of our tickets, just for the beautiful visual effects.
    Paul