Please be aware, the Legendarium Media Community Forum is in BETA and things will change regularly. Your input is vital!
Suggestions and Support

Comic Con Fail Contests

This discussion was created from comments split from: Serious Conversation: Nerd Bullies.
Muppet of a Man, and Ghostbuster

Comments

• Sounds like you've had quite the experiences. I agree, too, that society seems to celebrate what "cool" kids do, a lot of the time.

I also agree that nerd vs nerd can be just for show, and can appreciate that point of view. It's a fine line between laughing with and laughing at someone.

On a side note, with your comic-con fail contest, what constitutes a fail?
  • A con-fail is so so much fun! Like angry lady showing up to a con to mean-mug something she disapproves of or seeing the wrong person under a name plate like William Shatner standing under Sarah Wayne Callies or a guy getting a ton of praise for his cosplay except he isn't wearing one!
  • That sounds really fun. It's like a game to look for things that aren't usually found at comic cons.
    Herweirdness
  • Yeah anything with a weird twist to it. My brother always gets the best one tho so that's why my winning this one is such a big deal lol.
  • I saw some at Motor City Comic Con. Wish I got some pictures. There was a guy taking a picture of a woman dressed as Ms. Marvel... intentionally from behind... it was ridiculous and weird... and I probably would have won had I gotten a photo of that.
    Herweirdness